Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

May Cara Box Exchange!


Cara Box


I had read about the Cara Box Exchange that Kaitlyn from Wifessionals started. It sounded like such an awesome concept: You are matched with 2 different people from around the country. You get to know them through their blog and email. You send 1 a box of goodies, and the other send a box to you. Everyone loves getting surprise packages in the mail. I had to try it.

The Cara Box Exchange takes place once a month. Every month there is a different theme. This month's theme was our home region. I had to think about what is quintessentially Alabama and how that might tie into what my match is fond of. The match that I sent to was Allison. She has a lovely blog at Nestful of Love.

The match that sent to me was Katherine. Her blog is The Newsom's Nest. She's a Texas girl currently living in California with her husband. The items she sent me were based out of California.
The tracking number that Katherine sent had the expected delivery date as today. My husband and I had to go out of town Saturday morning, and we didn't get in until Sunday afternoon. Imagine my surprise when the Cara Box was waiting in our mailbox! I couldn't wait and tore it open as soon as I got inside.

The first items were a couple of packs of California poppies in different colors. Katherine also sent some seed starter pots to help the seeds sprout. I forgot to take a picture before using the starter pots, so the packaging will have to do. lol They are currently out on our patio filled with dirt. I can't wait for the poppies to start growing. I love flowers!

 The next goodie was a big pack of soothing cucumber facial towelettes. These are made locally to Katherine. The towelettes smell AWESOME! The scent is like the sweetest cucumber you can imagine. These are going to be so handy this summer to cool off and catch a break from the Southern humidity. Since the towelettes are made with aloe, I can take these to the lake with us to soothe sunburns. They can also be used to remove makeup or dirt and oil. There are so many wonderful uses, and they won an Allure magazine 'Best of Beauty' award. And, the packaging is GREEN! Ha ha :D

I had mentioned that I love decorative crosses. For example, here is just a handful of the ones I have in our living room:
Katherine sent me these cute little crosses with some round and sparkly, star sequins to decorate however I want. I have tons of ideas. I'm thinking that I could use the crosses as a gift card or as present decorations. I could also use them to decorate the outside of some baskets I have.

The crosses are all different colors and there are 12. That means I could use them for all of the things I can think of.

I've never used sequins before. I'm excited for all of the possibilities. They are very, very sparkly, and I do love me some bling. lol The little star sequins are so cute. I've never seen any like that.

I would have to say that my first experience with the Cara Box Exchange has been an excellent one. I got to meet 2 amazing women. I got to read 2 great blogs. I got to send and receive a gift box, and I got to talk about my home state. I can't wait for next months. I know there will be a great theme!











No comments:

Post a Comment