Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Homemade Cleaning Products?

I think I've finally decided to jump on the homemade cleaning products bandwagon. This afternoon has been spent scouring Pinterest and various blogs to try to find what people have had the most success with. I came across a few that I found informative.

One Good Thing by Jillee had the most information in terms of trial and error. She even posted
different variations of the "recipes" that she had used. There was also a ton of comments on her posts with what has worked for her readers. Overall, this was my favorite homemade cleaning product find.

Babble's "20 Cleaning Products Worth Trying" had the most homemade cleaning products in one place. It really wasn't the how-to itself though, just links to other sites with the info. However, I did find it helpful to not have to type 20 different searches into Google, Pinterest, and the like.

I don't personally use green products or read chemical labels like I probably should, but, for those that do, Eco Living Experts has this great article: "Green Homemade Cleaning Products: Best Eco-friendly Recipe." They have a recipe for everything from toilet bowl cleaner to black mold remover.

The main interest in trying these homemade products for me is saving money. I know that some people have issues with skin sensitivities or chemical allergies. Thankfully, we are allergy free (except for this nasty pollen that is constantly falling now). Cutting costs without worrying about coupons or in-store specials sounds like a godsend.

I really need to make a list of what products I intend to make and just what I need to do so. I know I definitely want to try the homemade laundry detergent and fabric softener. It seems like almost all of the recipes I found use vinegar of some sort. Vinegar must be a miracle liquid, and, as luck would have it, we have none whatsoever. HAHA!

Once I've gotten into the homemade cleaning product swing, I'll post back here with my results. I would love to know what your experiences have been. What worked the best for you? Did you find you needed to change any of the recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment