Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

Just a Little Update

This past weekend we stained the lounge chair that my husband made me for Mother's Day. I also found a really cute GREEN (my favorite color) cushion. It is reversible, so I can just flip it over whenever I want. It doesn't fit quite right, but it is wearing in nicely.
 

I wanted a darker stain, and my husband tried to talk me out of it. ha ha I convinced him to get the Dark Walnut. What do you know! He liked it. Then again, he also didn't like the patio idea until we were done with it. We could have kept layering it on to make it even darker, but it turned this nice cherry color. I really like it.

Can you tell that the grass is starting to grow in on the patio? There is actually a good bit. I guess it's just not very photogenic. lol


I love the whole thing! It's comfortable and looks really, really expensive. We were looking at the hardware store, and they had some lounge chairs for $100. The chairs were just metal pipe with some pvc straps...the kind at a hotel pool. They weren't nearly as nice as our chair that cost 1/3 of the price. The stain and the cushion cost more than the chair itself.

I spent a lot of time in this chair over the weekend. I read some of the copy of Atlas Shrugged I got from Alibris (I only paid shipping). It was just so danged hot here that I ended up moving to the shade. I got a little red, but, luckily, it had turned tan by Sunday morning.

I'm hoping we hit the lake a lot over the summer. The only problem is I think my chair is too bulky to take with us. :o(

No comments:

Post a Comment