Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

The Pearl is the Oyster's Autobiography

I decided Wednesday that I was going to look at more pearls. I found them and bought them...LOTS of them.

Tahitian blue and light green grabbed my eye this time, so I bought every pack they had. Now, with a lighter wallet, fewer hours, and a blister on my thumb, I have several new pieces of jewelry to sell. :D

I couldn't leave the store without strolling through the silver aisle. Silver will probably be my downfall. I found some cute little diamond cut spacers that I thought would look amazing between a couple of pearls. They are tiny and sooo sparkly. While I was working with them, I couldn't fight the urge to make them glisten in the light. My husband was not as amused as I was. What can I say, I'm female. I like pretty, shiny things.

I started working as soon as I got home. I made a necklace and matching bracelet with the light green pearls and the spacers. Yesterday I finished up a hand-knotted Tahitian blue necklace. I think I've finally gotten the hang of knotting each pearl. I think it does give them a more elegant look. Here's a preview of the green necklace while I was working on it:
This picture doesn't nearly do it justice. I had to use my phone, because I let the camera battery die. If you want to see the finished product you'll just have to check out my etsy shop some time tomorrow. I should have the 2 necklaces and the bracelet up soon. 

I'm taking my wonderful hubby out to Brazilian for Valentine's Day in Atlanta. It MAY be more for my pregnant, craving self. lol Either way, we'll both enjoy it. I made him (I can't keep secrets) open his present early - the entire box set of Rocky films along with a giant tub full of snacks for movie watching. It seemed like the perfect guy gift.

I hope everyone has as great a weekend and Valentine's Day as I will!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the necklaces!

    Have a great Valentine's date!

    ReplyDelete