Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Have You Tried UNREAL Candy Unjunked???



As a BzzAgent, I sometimes get to try goodies from different companies. I share my thoughts with friends and family about the products I receive. I was very excited to get the UNREAL campaign. Free candy! Who can beat that?

If you've never heard of UNREAL, it's candy unjunked. That means there are no preservatives, no artificial ingredients, no corn syrup, no partially hydrogenated oils, and no GMOs. It has less sugar than competing brands, and, in some of the candies, the same amount of sugars as fruits.

UNREAL candy is available at the following stores: CVS, Food4Less, Fred Meyer, Kroger, Michael's, Ralph's, Riteaid, Staples, and Walgreens. However, I had to go to a few different stores before I was able to find it. They have said that they are trying to get the candy in more stores, so it may be available everywhere soon.

I chose the UN41, which is candy coated chocolates (think M&Ms). I do have to say that UNREAL candy is a little more expensive than other candies. The price was just over $1 for an individual bag. You can tell that the chocolate has less sugar than other brands. The milk chocolate tastes more like bittersweet. Also, it has a different texture than I was accustomed to. My husband tried it, and said it tasted like a protein bar.

Overall, I would say UNREAL candy is a great option for people that need lower sugar content or have preservative allergies. It is also great for people that try to avoid artificial ingredients. I think, for me, it would take an acquired taste before purchasing over other candy manufacturers.

No comments:

Post a Comment